Keep your home safe as the colder weather arrives!
With the coldest weather right around the corner in the Hamilton area, many homeowners will be looking for ways to add extra warmth to their homes by using portable space heaters. According to the National Fire Protection Association over 10,000 home fires are caused by heating equipment.
At Stack Electric, our electricians are dedicated to the safety of our valued customers and want to help them avoid becoming a victim of a heating equipment related fire, please take a look at these tips provided by the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI).
- Keep all combustible materials a minimum of 3 feet from heat sources.
- Always turn off space heaters when unattended and while sleeping.
- Space heaters should never be plugged into an extension cord.
- Cooking stoves should never be used for heating or drying clothing.
- Ensure that you have working carbon monoxide detectors on every level of your home and place the near bedrooms.
- Space heaters should be placed on the ground, never on furniture or shelving.
- Have your heating system inspected annual by a qualified and licensed electrician.
- Never use space heaters or any appliance with a broken or frayed cord.
At Stack Electric we’ve been helping homeowners throughout Ontario with their complete residential electrical needs for many years. Contact Stack Electric today for more information about electrical safety from our friendly and knowledgeable Hamilton electrical team. With Stack Electric at the helm, you can rest assured costs are kept down, service quality is unparalleled to any other electrical company, and your home will always be safe.